- Why Serendib needs personal information and what types we collect
- How we protect your personal information
- Who can access your personal information
- How you can contact us to find out more about your personal information
- What to do if you have concerns about your privacy.
Protecting your privacy
Serendib Financial Pty Ltd (“Serendib”, “we”, “our”, “us”) is committed to providing you with the highest levels of customer service and to protecting your privacy. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (“Privacy Act”), which sets out a number of principles concerning the protection of your personal information known as the Australian Privacy Principles.
This Privacy Statement sets out the type of information we collect, how we use it and who we may share it with. It may be amended from time to time.
About Serendib Financial Pty Ltd trading as Serendib Financial Services.
Serendib Financial Services is a duly registered independent remitter. We are responsible to report all transactions AUSTRAC. (Australian transaction reports and Analysis Centre)
What personal information do we collect?
The personal information we collect and store include your name, birth date, current address, phone numbers, email addresses, occupation, and proof of Identity.
How do we collect personal information?
We collect personal information in a number of ways, including:
- By sending KYC form ( know your customer form)
- If you already registered with us, over the phone we update your details time to time or we may ask you to send new KYC form
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal information used to;
- verify your identity;
- provide, manage and administer your services;
- We report all transactions to AUSTRAC.
When do we disclose your personal information?
We disclose your personal information to AUSTRAC, but we’ll only do this in relation to us providing our services to you .We take all reasonable steps to maintain the security of your personal information and to protect it from unauthorized disclosures.
We remit money only to Sri Lanka and we only deal with one bank in Sri Lanka which is called Bank Of Ceylon. When we advice the beneficiary details to finalize the transaction, your name and address may disclose to Bank of Ceylon.
Further information on privacy is available at the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
OUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
Please check below our Terms and Conditions. Customer needs to register with us before they remit money through us. To register, the customer needs to provide following documents:
- Australian Driving license / Passport – We verify your details through VEDA.
- Proof of residential address – a copy of utility bill.
- Complete and sign KYC for.
- Same day fund transfer facility is only available when we receive realized funds. Bank of Ceylon Account transfers available on the same day, if realized funds are available by us 1PM Melbourne Time. All other banks take one business day to credit your funds in Sri Lanka.
- Same day fund transfer facility is not available for transfers more than AUD 3,000.00 including NRFC accounts.
- We accept cash at our office and the limit is AUD 7000 per month. (provided we are given all mandatory details)
- There is a bank charge of RS 100.00 for every transaction from Sri Lanka. Over the Counter withdrawal facility is available only from Bank of Ceylon and bank charge is RS 150.00
- Remitter ID issued to the customer should not be passed on to any other parties as we will not accept transactions from third parties.
- If Serendib Financial Services not satisfied with the information provided, Serendib Financial Services has right to reject any transactions at any time,
- Serendib Financial Services assumes no responsibilities for circumstances beyond it’s control. Serendib Financial services shall not be liable for any loss suffered as a result of Serendib Financial Services acting in good faith.